Duke Street, Mayfair
Duke Street runs from Grosvenor Square to Oxford Street and is at the very heart of Mayfair.
Gaysha fully refurbished the common areas of this address in Duke Street whilst overcoming various challenges thrown up by the architecture of the building.
- No connections were present for emergency lighting, so all stairwell walls had to be taken back to brick work before they could be replastered and new cables run
- The concrete base under the existing floor was in bad condition and required a full screed before new marble flooring could be installed
- The curved staircase was very narrow with high ceilings making installation of lighting and wall coverings difficult, this was solved by using stair towers for access
- The lobby doors were relocated 500mm, including the glass panelling, which had to be carried out by restoration experts
Complete refurbishment of common areas including:
• New lighting throughout including porch lantern, wall lights and Artic Pear Chandelier
• New Calacatta and Nero Marble floor in lobby
• Installation of a bespoke letterbox unit
• New tapered edge carpet and runners to stairs
• Relocation of lobby glass panelled doors by restoration experts
• Warm grey vinyl silk wall covering in lobby and staircase